I’m Laurie Curry Copithorne.
Food for Health is my specialized food policy consultancy.
The Food for Health Approach
With more than three decades of experience as a health professional, executive strategist and food industry lobbyist, I am uniquely positioned to bring corporations, government agencies and health institutions together to improve America’s health.
- Big-Picture Solutions.
I uncover growth opportunities that are good for both business and health: embracing technology, exploring new collaborations, promoting entrepreneurial thinking and investing in start-up innovations.
- Building Consensus.I break down political barriers and special interests to unite stakeholders from the food, agriculture, government, academic and health sectors under a shared vision and voice.
- A Clear Plan for Action.In my urgent call to action, Why Food for Health Matters Now- A Call for the Biden-Harris Administration to End Childhood Hunger in America, I outline a clear roadmap for ending childhood hunger and addressing food insecurity, obesity, malnutrition and chronic disease in the U.S.
Get Why Food For Health Matters Now:
A Call for the Biden-Harris Administration to End Childhood Hunger in America.
Check your inbox for my Four-Point Plan to solve food insecurity, obesity and chronic disease in the U.S. through innovative partnerships and bold, systems-level change.
THE RIGHT EXPERT AT THE RIGHT TIME
I’ve built my career lending my leadership and strategic guidance to organizations across the food and healthcare sectors. I consider my best and most important work to be my roles advocating for systemic changes in the global food regulatory and legislative frameworks: developing international standards for the introduction and communication of healthier food products, spearheading an industry-wide health and wellness movement and developing global awareness around food allergens.
Experience and Career Highlights
- Experienced senior executive and strategy consultant in the food and consumer packaged goods industry and not-for-profit nutrition and health sector.
- Trusted partner and advisor to CEO’s, Senior Government (Elected and Public Service) within Canada, with U.S. and International exposure.
- Success in bringing brands and creative marketing approaches to market in a highly restricted regulatory market which required developing support from health professions, not-for-profit organizations and health agencies.
- Extensive leadership in developing sound public policy initiatives in the agri-food regulatory sector for Canada and internationally.
- Successfully facilitate, develop and implement innovative strategic planning solutions in challenging environments involving multilateral organizations.
- Shaped key policy decisions with senior government officials in Canada and the US, food company CEOs, health organizations and NGOs.