I’m Laurie Curry Copithorne.
consultant | author | speaker
Food for Health is my specialized food policy consultancy.
As a global food and nutrition expert, I bring stakeholders and leaders from the food, agriculture, academic, government and health sectors together to disrupt old norms, reach new consensus, and create working strategies to solve some of America’s most pressing health problems.
In my new groundbreaking book, How Big Food Will End Hunger and Can Save the Planet, I call for a transformation in the food industry. The food system needs to shift from one tethered to profits to one which provides equitable, affordable, sustainable, and healthy food for all.
The Food for Health Approach
With more than three decades of experience as a health professional, executive strategist and food industry lobbyist, I am uniquely positioned to bring corporations, government agencies and health institutions together to improve America’s health.
- Big-Picture Solutions.
I uncover growth opportunities that are good for both business and health: embracing technology, exploring new collaborations, promoting entrepreneurial thinking and investing in start-up innovations.
- Building Consensus.I break down political barriers and special interests to unite stakeholders from the food, agriculture, government, academic and health sectors under a shared vision and voice.
- A Clear Plan for Action.In my urgent call to action, Why Food for Health Matters Now- A Call for the Biden-Harris Administration to End Childhood Hunger in America, I outline a clear roadmap for ending childhood hunger and addressing food insecurity, obesity, malnutrition and chronic disease in the U.S.
How Big Food Will End Hunger and Can Save the Planet And Receive your FREE ROADMAP for transforming the world’s food system
Enter your info below to get your FREE bonus
Get Why Food For Health Matters Now:
A Call for the Biden-Harris Administration to End Childhood Hunger in America.
Check your inbox for my Four-Point Plan to solve food insecurity, obesity and chronic disease in the U.S. through innovative partnerships and bold, systems-level change.
THE RIGHT EXPERT AT THE RIGHT TIME
I’ve built my career lending my leadership and strategic guidance to organizations across the food and healthcare sectors. I consider my best and most important work to be my roles advocating for systemic changes in the global food regulatory and legislative frameworks: developing international standards for the introduction and communication of healthier food products, spearheading an industry-wide health and wellness movement and developing global awareness around food allergens.
Experience and Career Highlights
- Experienced senior executive and strategy consultant in the food and consumer packaged goods industry and not-for-profit nutrition and health sector.
- Trusted partner and advisor to CEO’s, Senior Government (Elected and Public Service) within Canada, with U.S. and International exposure.
- Success in bringing brands and creative marketing approaches to market in a highly restricted regulatory market which required developing support from health professions, not-for-profit organizations and health agencies.
- Extensive leadership in developing sound public policy initiatives in the agri-food regulatory sector for Canada and internationally.
- Successfully facilitate, develop and implement innovative strategic planning solutions in challenging environments involving multilateral organizations.
- Shaped key policy decisions with senior government officials in Canada and the US, food company CEOs, health organizations and NGOs.
- National spokesperson for the national food industry for over a decade